Monday, May 4, 2009

E&N Lesson #1


Finally after a week, I decided to go see doctor. My ears and nose are blocked since last Mon.The nurse took my temperature before I was called to see doc. First question doc asked - Did i travel out of country? I said "Hmm.. I just came back from Penang". He followed with Penang food is good, all come with small potion and can eat a lot.He asked me since when I m blocked. He counted and said 8 days. Then he poked otoscope into both ears and said my ears are fine. Then checked my throat.. said "ahhhhhh". Throat also fine. He said most probably my nose. I dont have sensitive nose, all along my nose is not sensitive to dusts. I dont sneeze often, I dont have running nose. Then he showed me a diagram of nose and ears. Explained to me ears divided into three parts. He said eustachian tube connects to nose. He said if he put a pen through the nose it will goes into eustachian tube. So, the blocked ears is caused by nose. Ok.. what happen to my nose? Many reasons.. He prescribed me Telfast-D 2 tabs a day & Fluimucil A600 1 tab a day for 5 days. I cant remember which one can cause insomnia.. He also asked if I want a spray that normally given to patient. I said I don't want.
Anyway, after 5 hours of the first dose, all still blocked...

2 comments:

Joseph Wan said...

Otitis media, A better alternative would be T.Zinnat 250mg twice a day for 5 days. No side effect, unless you are allergic to penicillin.

Lily said...

Hi Chee Hung,
I quick check on the net, OM mostly affect children and I kena? Sian.. If not recovering, will go back to the doc & recommend him your prescription :) Thanks.