Three years of construction with S$230 million investment - A reservoir in the city, turning sea water to become fresh water. That sounds sophiticated. I always wanted to go Marina Barrage since it launched on Nov 1st 2008. Either something was up on that day or we lost our way. Finally today I went there. Left my block around 8:35am with bro jogged all the way there. We went by Bukit Merah to Chinatown and turned towards CBD then Marina South. Along Marina South, we asked for direction. The journey there was dusty because of Marina Sands construction. Imagine, heavy vehicles in and out from the contruction sites. I guess that's why this year Standard Chartered marathon has chosen different route.
We reached there around 10am, it was sunny and hot. No doubt, the architecture and view are beautiful. Drawbacks are no water dispenser nor vending machine, toilet seat was broken, no proper signage outside the main entrance. One good point is the high frequency of chartered bus from Marina South mrt.
After almost a month, now I have been to Marina Barrage. I would not be going again in the near future until things are much settle there.
Some pics I downloaded from internet:



No comments:
Post a Comment